3.01.2010

Subversion - an open source version control system

Subversion, you are simply awesome! You are as elegant and graceful in version control as Kim Yu-Na (김연아) is on the ice. Need I say more? I didn't think so.

Here is my version control setup on the Windows platform:

  • Subversion (creating a repository)
  • TortoiseSVN (windows shell program)
  • AnkhSVN (visual studio integration)
This is a typical setup for the Windows/Visual Studio user. Instructions (with pictures) can be found here. Thanks Matteo.

I've been recently tasked with moving an svn repository to another machine and I had no idea where to start.  So I did a quick search and found the "Relocate" option in the TortoiseSVN menu. Ok I'm done. That was easy. Now that I have all this free time, I'll go watch some more Queen Yu-Na videos...


Here's an interesting question/answer about SVN Relocate or Switch on Stackoverflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment